“If you can’t outspend them outthink them”
TV is still an effective advertising medium and it’s no longer the exclusive playground of the big-buck advertisers:
- In 2015 , 61% of TV advertisers spent less than £250k. (Source: Ad Dynamix – 2015)
- 2015 saw TV advertising grow it’s total revenue for the 6th year running. Advertising Association (AA) estimates indicate that total UK advertising grew by 6.1% and TV by 7.4%.
- Significantly, the cost of TV advertising was 30% cheaper in 2015 than ten years previously.
- TV viewing is as popular as it has always been and in 2015 we were still viewing over 3 hours 40 minutes per day of all content.
- Even with all of the other available devices and platforms, traditional TV still accounts for 42% of all adult media consumption.
- In 2015, 877 new or returning advertisers used TV for the first time or returned after an absence of at least 5 years.
- TV still reaches 71% of the population in one day, and over 92% across a week.
- BBC1’s successful series Bake Off will be moving to C4 from 2017 in a 3 year deal worth £75 million.
- BBC’s The Voice will be airing on ITV from January next year – and in their view will appeal to the more discerning, older female viewer along the lines of Strictly Come Dancing.
- Finally – Horse Racing on C4 will be departing to ITV from the middle of 2017.